The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra will conduct the online-based MH CET Law 2020 exam for admitting candidates to 3-year LLB and 5-year integrated law programs offered by participating colleges. The exams for the 3-year and 5-year programs will be conducted on separate dates, and applications will also be released separately.
MH CET Law 2020 - Exam Overview
|Examination||MH CET Law (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for Law)|
|Conducting body||Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra|
|Exam level||State-level, Undergraduate entrance test|
|Participating institutes||Law colleges in Maharashtra (MH CET Law 2020 scores will also be accepted in many other govt & private law colleges in Maharashtra)|
|Exam mode and type||Online mode, objective test paper|
CET 2020 Important Dates
|Issue of Notification||December 4, 2019|
|Commencement of Application Form for 5 yr LLB||January 20, 2020|
|End of Application form for 5 yr LLB||March 02, 2020|
|Release of Admit card for 5 yr LLB||March 27, 2020|
|MH CET Law 2019 exam for 5 yr LLB||April 12, 2020|
|Declaration of Result for 5 yr LLB||April 28, 2020|
|Commencement of Application Form for 3 yr LLB||March 19, 2020|
|End of Application form for 3 yr LLB||May 6, 2020|
|Release of Admit card for 3 yr LLB||June 5, 2020|
|MH CET Law 2019 exam for 3 yr LLB||June 28, 2020|
|Declaration of Result for 3 yr LLB||July 14, 2020|
|Counselling and seat allotment begins for 5 yr LLB||May 15, 2020|
|Counselling and seat allotment begins for 3 yr LLB||July 21, 2020|
CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
3-year LLB programme
- The candidate should have passed graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized university/institution that is deemed to be a university in India. Candidates who have passed graduation from any foreign university that is equivalent to the status of India universities are also eligible to appear in MH CET Law exam
- Moreover, the candidates should have passed minimum educational qualification with 45 % aggregate marks. Candidates belonging to SC/ST of Maharashtra will need only 40 % aggregate marks in their graduation. Further, candidates belonging to VJNT, SBC and OBC Category will require a minimum of 42% aggregate marks in their graduation
- Candidates who are in the final year/semester of their graduation course are also eligible to appear in MH CET law exam 2020. Such candidates will have to produce the documents related to the qualifying exam (graduation) as and when asked during the admission process.
- The applicants having qualifying degree without having the basic qualification (10+2+3 order) will not be eligible for MH CET Law 2020.
5-year LLB programme
- Candidate should have passed High School and the qualifying exam senior secondary with 45% aggregate marks. Candidates belonging to SC/ST will need only 40% marks while the candidates from VJNT, SBC and OBC Category will require a minimum of 42% marks in their qualifying exam
- Candidates who have completed a 3-year Diploma in Engineering may also apply for MH CET 2020. Having such a diploma will be considered as equivalent to senior secondary.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying exam from distance education or correspondence method will also be considered eligible for 5-year LLB course, provided that the candidate has completed the basic qualification, i.e class 10th.
MH CET Common eligibility criteria -
Apart from educational eligibility criteria, the information brochure has also mentioned the common eligibility criteria that is equally applicable to both LLB courses.
The applicant should be an Indian national.
Age criteria -
As per the policy of the Bar Council of India, there is no age limits to appear in MH CET
CET 2020 Application Form
|Release of official notification||December 4, 2019|
|Commencement of application form for 5-year LLB||January 20, 2020|
|End of Application form for 5-year LLB||March 02, 2020|
|Commencement of application form for 3-year LLB||March 19, 2020|
|End of Application form for 3-year LLB||May 6, 2020|
|MH CET Law 5-year LLB entrance exam||April 12, 2020|
|MH CET Law 3-year LLB entrance exam||June 28, 2020|
To fill your MH CET Law application form 2020, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website - Candidates will have to visit the official CET admission portal website,mahacet.org. To apply for MH CET Law 2020, click on ˜apply online'
- Online Registration - To register yourself, you will need to choose ˜Click here for New Registration'. Enter your contact information, such as name, mobile number and email id. A registration id and password will be generated on screen. Also, you will receive the same on your mobile number and email account. Keep it save for further application process.
- Basic information - Fill your personal information such as name, contact information etc, in this section
- Photo and Signature - Candidates should upload their scanned photo and signature in a prescribed format and dimensions as given below
Items Size Format Photograph 20KB to 50 KB Jpg Signature 10KB to 20 KB Jpg
- Education Details - Candidates will need to fill their educational qualifications which include graduation, intermediate and High school details.
- Preview of the filled-in application form - Once the personal information and educational details are filled, check every section carefully to make sure that every section is filled correctly. Remember, incorrectly filled application may get rejected/cancelled right at the time of application submission or at the time of counselling and seat allotment process. After ensuring that every detail is filled correctly, click on ˜validate your details' and ˜Save and next
- The application form fee for both the UG courses will be the same but will vary depending on the category of the candidate
Category Fees General Rs. 800 OBC Rs. 400 SC Rs. 400 ST Rs. 400
- Final submit - Before final submit, modify details if any correction is required. Click on Final submit only after ensuring that all information is filled correctly, and photo and signature are uploaded successfully. Remember, after the final submit, no further request for modifications will be entertained.
CET 2020 Paper Pattern
The exam pattern of MH CET Law covers all aspects of the exam, which include type of exam, number of questions, marking scheme, exam duration and other related information. Candidates can find below the complete MH CET Law 2020 exam pattern for both 3-year and 5 Year programmes.
For 5-year LLB course
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks|
|Legal aptitude and legal reasoning||40||40|
|General knowledge with current affairs||30||30|
|Logical and analytical reasoning||40||40|
MH CET Law exam pattern - For 3-year LLB course
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks|
|Legal aptitude and legal reasoning||30||30|
|General knowledge with current affairs||40||40|
|Logical and analytical reasoning||30||30|
CET 2020 Syllabus
|Legal aptitude and legal reasoning||Indian polity including Executive, Judiciary and Legislature, Law prepositions with facts, Constitution etc|
|General knowledge with current affairs||
|Logical and analytical reasoning||
|Maths (Only for 5-year LLB)||
CET 2020 Admit Card
The authorities will release MH CET Law 2020 admit card for both 3-year LLB and 5 - year LLB courses in online mode. The admit cards for MH CET Law 2020 will be released tentatively in the second week of May 2020. Applicants will have to download admit cards from the official MH CET Law website or alternatively the link to download MH CET Law admit card 2020 will be given on this page. Candidates will have to enter their login credentials to download the admit card of MH CET Law 2020.
MH CET Law 2020 Admit card - Important DatesThe Common Entrance Test (CET) Cell will release the admit cards for both 3-year LLB and 5-year LLB programmes separately, the important dates regarding MH CET Law 2020 admit card and exam are given in the table below:
|MH CET Law admit card for 5-year LLB course||March 27, 2020|
|MH CET Law admit card for 3-year LLB course||June 5, 2020|
|MH CET Law exam 2020 for 5-year LLB programme||April 12, 2020|
|MH CET Law exam 2020 for 3-year LLB programme||June 28, 2020|
How to download MH CET Law admit card 2020?
- Candidates will need to visit the official CET website
- Click on your programme 3-year LLB/5year LLB
- In the new window, you have to click on ˜login for already registered candidates'. (alternatively, the direct link to download MH Law CET admit card will be provided here)
- Enter your registration number and date of birth/password and click on ˜log in'
- Now, click on admit card
- A new window will appear with MH CET Law 2020 admit card
CET 2020 Results
How to check MH CET Law result 2020?
Candidates can log in as under to check their results for five-year or three-year LLB course:
Step 1: Visit the official website - http://cetcell.mahacet.org/ or go to the result window provided below
Step 2: Click on the link 'scorecard' for MHCET Law - 5-year LLB or 3-year LLB course
Step 3: Once you are inside the page, candidates need to click on the result list at the top of the page
Step 4: The page takes candidates to a PDF file
Step 5: Search your roll number in the list
Step 6: Check your score and take a printout of MHCET law result 2020
MH CET Law 2020 Scorecard DetailsThe scorecard will mention the following details about candidates' qualifying status
- Candidate's name and application number for CET 2020
- CET Roll Number
- Total Marks obtained in CET
- Subject-wise marks obtained in CET
- Category-wise rank in CET
CET 2020 Counselling
How to register for MHCET Law Counselling 2020?
- Candidates need to register online on the official website of DHE Maharastra as under:
- Candidates need to visit the official website - http://cetcell.mahacet.org/
- Register as a new candidate by filling the required details for MH CET Law counselling process
- Once registered, log in again to fill the choice of colleges from the given list as per your preference and pay the counselling fee Rs. 5000/-
- Provisional allotment list is published by the examination authority on the official website based on the preferences given by candidates
MHCET Law 2020 Document Required for Verification
- The list of documents required for admission formalities at the allotted colleges are:
- MHCET Law 2020 Admit Card
- MH CET Law 2020 Rank Card
- MH CET Law 2020 Application Form
- Class 12th and class 10th mark sheets, 12
- Graduation mark sheets and certificates for three-year LLB course admission
- Caste certificate SC/ ST/ OBC/ MH reserved categories
- Domicile certificate/ Birth certificate/ School leaving certificate (mentioning the place of birth/ Community, Nativity & date of birth certificate)
- PwD certificate and medical certificate
- Photographs (at least four)
MHCET Law 2020 CAP Rounds Details
CAP Round I CAP Round II CAP Round III
- Candidates shortlisted as per the final merit list have to appear for CAP round 1
- They need to fill option form, mark their preferred colleges, and accept colleges after allotment list is published
- Once, the seat is frozen on acceptance, the candidate will no longer be able to participate in next round
- Candidates accepting the seat allotted to them have to report to the allotted colleges
- Candidates who do not want to accept the allotted seat have to exercise float option and in such cases, they will be eligible to participate in next round for better seat allotment
- Freshly registered candidates will be allotted seat in this round
- Candidates from the first-round can participate in this round for better seat allotment option
- Candidates who did not accept the seat in the first round will be allotted seat in this round
- Those participating in this round for upgrading their seats (as allotted and accepted in CAP I) won't be able to participate in next round
- Candidates filling fresh option form as well as editing their options will be allotted seats in this