Gateway to symbiosis BBA And BCA Programs
Gateway to Symbiosis BBA & BCA Programs
SET 2022 Exam All Important Information
SET 2022 - Entrance Exam Details
Candidates aspiring to join B.B.A/B.C.A/B.B.A (Information Technology)/B.A.(Mass Communication)/B.Sc. (Economics) Hons./B.A. (Liberal Arts) Hons./B.Sc. (Liberal Arts)/B.Sc. (Applied Statistics and Data Science) Hons offered by institutes of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) have to appear for the common, mandatory Computer Based Test – SET 2022.
SET is a university-level exam conducted by Symbiosis International (Deemed University) to admit students for UG and Integrated courses programs.
A candidate needs to register for Symbiosis Entrance Test General 2022 and also register for the institutes offering their choice of programs. If shortlisted, the aspirant would then ought to attend the further admission process conducted by each of these institutes individually.
Candidates must provide correct information during the application process. In case it is found that the information provided is not true, the SIU has the right to cancel the application or admission at any stage, following its rules and regulations. Any direct or indirect attempt to influence the management and employees of the Institute will lead to the automatic disqualification of the candidate.
SET 2022 - Important Dates and Events
|Last date of application||15-Jun-22|
|SET 2022 Admit card availability||22-Jun-22|
|SET 2022 Exam||03-Jul-22|
SET 2022 - Eligibility Criteria
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies
[SCMS – B.B.A]
Passed Standard XII (10+2) or equivalent examination from any recognised Board with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% Marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes).
Disclaimer: Students can get admission in any of the eight Symbiosis branches across Maharashtra, UP and Karnataka, strictly on merit lists declared on the official symbiosis website through SET 2022 and WAT-PI (Written Ability Test and Personal Interview). No Group Discussion Round will be held due to the widespread Covid-19 Pandemic Safety Guidelines.
Symbiosis BBA Pune: Intake
Symbiosis BBA Pune: Reservation policy
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST): 7.5%
- Differently-Abled : 3%
- Children/wards of Defence Personnel: 5 % for SLS-Pune, SICSR.
- Kashmiri Migrants and Kashmiri Pandits/ Kashmiri Hindu Families (Non-Migrants) living in Kashmiri Valley: 2 seats per programme
- International Candidates: Maximum 20%.
Note: 25% (Twenty-five percent) seats are reserved for candidates domiciled in Nagpur. (SLS, Nagpur, SCMS, Nagpur and SIT, Nagpur)
SET 2022 Exam Eligibility: Additional Points
Here are some additional points regarding SET 2022 Eligibility:
- If one of your parents works in the PwD sector (Public works department), you need to carry along a certificate issued by the Medical Supervisor/Civil Surgeon of a Civil Hospital as a POI (Proof of Identity).
- To take admission under the Disability Category, you must get a certificate attested from Symbiosis Centre of Health Care, Pune. The candidate should have at least 40% disability to claim the certificate.
- In case, the seats reserved for SC/ST candidates aren’t filled, the institute authorities can grant them to general meritorious candidates who are waitlisted, with the permission of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Any Foreign National/Overseas Citizen/Person of Indian Origin can apply for the examination, provided they have legal residence proofs/passport/OCI Card/Permanent Residence Certificate. If you are an NRI, you need to have passed the 12th standard from a recognized Indian Board of Education School/College to be eligible for the exam.
SET 2022 Exam Process
The candidates need to apply online for the SET 2022 Application form (register for Symbiosis Entrance Test General 2022). The forms will be available on the official website mentioned above. Here are some necessary steps that you need to follow in order to register successfully for SET 2022:
Fill out the application form online. Register on the portal and remit the payment through available modes of payment on the website.
On availability of the admit card, log in to your student portal and download the respective admit card in PDF format.
Appear for SET 2022 which will be held in an online format. Ensure to bring along a photocopy of identity proof, a pen and your SET Admit Card.
Once the results are announced, check the merit list and the SET Exam Cut off on the official website.
In case you are shortlisted, the university authorities will call you in for the WAT (Written Ability Test) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds.
SET 2022 Selection Procedure
Selection is the process of choosing the most suitable student out of all applicants and the selection process varies for different colleges and exams. Based on the different selection criteria students are selected for a particular course.
The selection procedure of SET is based on 2 factors:
- Performance in the entrance exam.
- Performance in the Written Ability Test and Personal Interview.
The candidates for BBA are selected through performance in the test and PI-WAT.
Admission of all International students is done through the International Office of Symbiosis International University (SCIE).
NOTE: Any attempt to impersonate or indulge in any malpractice, identified at any stage of the admission process would disqualify the candidate from the admission processes to all UG programmes of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) and may also lead to appropriate legal action as deemed fit.
SET Exam Pattern
- All sections are mandatory.
- No individual sectional time limit.
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
No. of Questions
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
SET Exam Syllabus
English section in SET for BBA consists of the following topics:
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the blanks
- Grammar – Prepositions, Articles
- Contextual Vocabulary
Quantitative Ability section in SET for BBA consists of the following topics:
- Profit & Loss
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Time & Work
- Number System
- Permutation & Combination
General Awareness and Business Awareness in SET for BBA is generally asked from-
- Companies and founders
- Books and authors
Logical reasoning in SET for BBA consists of the following topics:
- Arrangement – Seating/Circular
- Blood Relationship
- Venn Diagram
*Points to Remember: Please carry your following documents at the time of PI-WAT if shortlisted. Please note that if you do not have both these documents, you will not be allowed to appear for the PIWAT process and will be marked as ineligible for admission. No communication will be entertained in this regard.
- Domicile certificate issued by the competent authority (Collector’s office).
- Standard XIIth Marksheet. Applicants appearing in Standard XII can submit a Bonafide certificate from the current institution and Standard Xth Mark sheet.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING TEST DAY / ADMIT CARD
- SET/SLAT/SITEEE 2022 Admit Card should be printed (colour printouts only. B&W printouts will not be accepted) from the SET website [set-test.org] which will be available from June 22, 2022 (Wednesday) to July 03, 2022 (Sunday).
- SET – General (SET) Sunday, July 03, 2022: 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. Please ensure that you arrive at your assigned Test Centre latest by 10.00 AM and occupy your assigned seat latest by 11.00 AM. The test will start at 11.30 AM.
- Please ensure that your latest passport size and colour photograph is pasted on the Admit Card at the place provided before appearing for the test (Your photograph should not be more than 3 months old).
- Admit Card along with valid original Photo Identity proof should be carried to the Test Centre at the time of the test. An acceptable photo identity is any one of the following(Original)
- Driving license.
- Voter ID Card.
- Pan Card
- AADHAR Card (UID)
Note: Every candidate is urged to note that no donation or capitation fee is required to be paid for admission to any of the Symbiosis institutes. Parents and students are cautioned against falling prey to any such assurance/offer by any individual or outside agency.