NPAT is an entrance exam conducted by SVKM’s NMIMS for admission to BBA, BTech, BSc, BCom, BDes, MBA (Technology) and other Integrated course. The different programs is offered by the various schools of NMIMS at Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Navi Mumbai, Indore and Dhule. NPAT 2020 is likely to be conducted in the second week of May 2020. across 49 cities throughout the country.
NPAT 2020 Exam Highlights
Important details of NPAT exam is mentioned below in the table.
|Exam Name||National Test for Programs After Twelfth|
|Conducting Body||SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|NPAT 2020 convening body||NMIMS|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes|
|Exam Syllabus||Proficiency in English Language, Quantitative & Numerical Ability, Reasoning & General Intelligence.|
|Exam Pattern||120 MCQs|
|Exam Fees||Rs 1800 for one school program, 3000 for two programs of two different schools, 4000 for three programs of three different schools, 5000 for four programs of four different schools.|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into 9 Campuses of NMIMS for various Courses such as-BBA,BTech,BSc,BCom(Hons),MBA (Tech),BDes,Integrated Courses|
|Course Offered||BBA, BTech, BSc, BCom(Hons), MBA (Tech), BDes, Integrated Courses|
|No. of Test Cities||46|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||18002667079|
NPAT 2020 Important Dates
Check below the schedules and events of NMIMS NPAT 2020 exams
|Online Application Form||1st Week of February,2020|
|Online Registration last date||1'st Week May,2020|
|Last date for form correction||3'rd Week of April,2020|
|Admit Card Availability||1'st Week of May,2020|
|NMIMS NPAT 2020 Exam Date||2'nd Week of May,2020|
|Merit List||3'rd Week of May,2020|
|Result Declaration||1'st Week of June,2020|
|Counselling Process||3'rd Week of June,2020|
NPAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates willing to appear for NPAT 2020 must ensure that they comply with the eligibility criteria of the exams, failing which, the application forms will be rejected by the officials. The eligibility criteria for NPAT has been prescribed by NMIMS University, the conducting body of the exam.
- The candidate applying for the exam must have cleared Class 12 examination or equivalent. Also, this should be inclusive of International Baccalaureate Diploma in any stream. This diploma must be attained from a recognized board at first attempt. Candidates must note that IB Certificate awarded is not eligible
- The candidate must have obtained an aggregate of 60% marks in 10+2 equivalent examination.
- It is compulsory for the student to have passed in Mathematics/ Statistics at 10+2 or equivalent exam.
- Candidates holding IB Diploma will be eligible only if he/she has Mathematics/ Statistics at standard level.
- CBSE and ICSE candidates need to mention 10th or equivalent aggregate marks of all the subjects best of four or five subjects shall not be considered.
- Candidates exceeding 25 years of age are not eligible for applying to the exam.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from Open or Distance learning (ODL) can also apply for the exam, but the school must be recognized only by National Institute of Open schooling (NIOS).
- Candidate who have not been able to clear 10+2 in their first attempt are not eligible for the exam.
- Candidates above 25 years of age are not eligible to apply.
NPAT 2020 Application & Registration Form
NPAT 2020 registration process will close in the month of May 2020.The application and registration form of NPAT releases in the last week of January, 2020. Candidates can edit the details like school/program, exam date, test city entered in NPAT 2020 application and registration form till last week of April 2020. Applicants should note that only online applications is accepted for the examination. To fill NPAT application form 2020, candidates have to first register by filling in the basic details.
After registration, candidate’s user ID and password were generated. They had to login with the credentials to fill other details in NPAT application and registration form, upload photograph and signature and pay the application fees.
The application fee is as under:
|For one school program||Rs 1800|
|For two programs of two different schools||Rs 3000|
|For three programs of three different schools||Rs 4000|
|For four programs of four different schools||Rs 5000|
To apply for the exam, the candidate needs to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ tab
- The application form appeared on the screen needs to be filled in by the candidate. Also, the same needs to be verified at the same time.
- Once this is done, click submit and make the fee payment using credit card or Demand Draft.
- Next, the candidate needs to upload a recent photograph in JPEG format (200px X 130px). The size of the photograph should not exceed 500KB.
- Take a printout of the complete application form.
NPAT 2020 Admission Process
- Marks scored by candidates is the primary criteria for selection process along with their performance in the counselling process after the announcement of the merit list in the first stage.
- Candidates whose name appear in the waiting list may also get selected in case any candidate/candidates whose names appear in the merit list drops to take admission.
- Candidates clearing the NPAT BBA selection procedure will be given admission only in one college under NMIMS. In case any student backs out to take admission in the first college, they need to cancel their admission in the first college and thereafter fulfill the admission criteria of another college.
Stage 1: Registration
NPAT application form will be available from last week of January to first week of May, 2020. Candidates need to apply online for the exam. Fee for the exam can paid through online payment gateway like credit/debit/net banking. The steps to fill NPAT application form is explained below.
- Click on register and create account
- Go to your mailbox and verify
- Login with username and password to complete the application form.
- Pay the registration fee
Stage 2: Admit Card
The admit card of NPAT 2020 will be released in the first week of May, 2020. All eligible candidates who will have register for the exam will be issued NPAT admit card. Candidates need to download the admit card online by logging with ID and password. The admit card carries the date, time and venue of the admission test.
Stage 3: NPAT entrance test
NPAT 2020 will be conducted online at various centres in the country. The test will contain objective type multiple choice questions. There will be no descriptive type questions. The pattern of the test will be different for engineering and non-engineering programmes.
Stage 4: Merit List
Merit list of candidates will be prepared based on the marks obtained by candidates in NPAT 2020. Selection of candidates is done on the basis of merit and preferences given by candidates for programs and campus.
Stage 5: Admission Fees
Selected candidates will have to pay the requisite fee for admission. The fee varies as per the courses and campus.
NPAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The pattern of NPAT is approved by NMIMS University Mumbai. It is important for NPAT aspirants to have a clear idea of the exam pattern so that they excel in the examination.
- The exam paper will constitute 3 sections
- Candidates will have to attempt a total of 120 multiple-choice questions
- The duration of the exam is 120 minutes
- NPAT will be conducted in a window of two days.
- Every question carries equal marks.
- Incorrect answer will lead to negative marking.
- Deduction of 1/4th marks will take place in case of an incorrect answer
NPAT exam pattern is as follows:
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||40|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||40|
NPAT 2020 Syllabus
Candidates will have to attempt 120 questions in 120 minutes. The exam paper will be divided into 3 sections:
- Proficiency in English Language
- Quantitative & Numerical Ability
- Reasoning & General Intelligence
There is no time limit for the above-mentioned sections, and the candidate can switch between sections. The syllabus of BBA exam is as follows:
|Verbal Ability||Numerical Ability||Reasoning and General Intelligence|
|Reading comprehension||Number System||Analytical reasoning|
|Synonyms||Percentages, Profit, loss and discount, Ratio & SI/ CI||Series & sequences|
|Cloze test (fill in the blanks)||Time, speed and distance/ Time and Work||Data Interpretation|
|Para- Jumble||Algebra||Blood relation|
|Spot the error/Sentence completion||Trigonometry||Analogy|
|Geometry & mensuration||Syllogisms|
|PnC, Probability & Set theory||Visual reasoning|
NPAT 2020 Admit Card
NPAT admit card 2020 is released online by SVKM’s NMIMS tentatively in the second week of May 2020. Candidates can download NPAT admit card till the exam day. To download NPAT 2020 admit card, candidates need to login with NPAT ID and Password. The admit card is released for candidates who have successfully registered for the exam within the application deadline that is from january to May,2020. NPAT admit card 2020 includes information regarding the exam date, time and details of exam centre.
Steps to download NPAT Admit Card 2020
To download the admit card, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the ˜NPAT 2020 Admit card’ tab on the homepage
- Candidates are redirected to the admit card login page
- Enter NPAT ID and password
- NPAT admit card 2020 will appear on the screen
- Download and take its printout
Documents required along with NPAT Admit Card 2020
Any candidate found without admit card or without the photograph on the admit card will not be permitted to appear for the test. Along with the admit card, it is important to carry any one original ID proof along with photocopy of the same while appearing for NPAT 2020. Candidates can carry any one of the following:
- Voters ID
- School/College ID
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License (Learner license will not be accepted)
- 12th Admit Card
- PAN Card
NPAT 2020 Result
NPAT result 2020 is announced by NMIMS. To check the result, candidates need to enter NPAT ID and date of birth. NPAT result is announced in the form of merit list. The merit list is prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by candidates in NPAT 2020 and preferences of campus given by them in the online registration form. The cutoff to select candidates for different programmes is decided by NMIMS. Selected candidates have to report for payment of fees within the stipulated time prescribed by the examination authority to secure their seats.
Steps to check NPAT Result 2020
To view the merit list, candidate needs to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the ‘NPAT 2020 Result’ tab on the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.
- The candidate is redirected to a page where he/she needs to fill in the NPAT ID and date of birth
- The merit list appears on the screen; download the same
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the result and keep it safe for future reference