IPU CET 2020 will be conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. This is a university level exam organized every year to offer admissions into various UG & PG courses. Candidates have to qualify the entrance test with the qualifying marks to be eligible for admission into various programmes in the University. Admission will be offered into B.Tech, BBA, BCA, LLB, LLM, MBA, MCA & various other courses in the GGSIPU and various affiliated colleges.
IPU CET 2020 Important Dates
|22 Mar, 2020 - 22 Apr, 2020 (Tentative)||Application | Mode: Online|
|30 Apr, 2020 (Tentative)||Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|09 Jul, 2020 (Tentative)||Counselling - Start Date | Mode: Online|
IPU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for each course list down requirements such as minimum academic qualifications, minimum qualifying percentages, and compulsory subjects which candidates should fulfil to be deemed eligible for CET. IP University 2020 eligibility criteria will be different for different courses; hence, the minimum qualifying percentages, academic qualifications, mandatory subjects are to vary as per different subjects.
IPU CET B.B.A Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing for IPU CET BBA 2020 can go through the eligibility criteria given below to ensure that they are eligible for the admission:
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum qualifying aggregate of 50 %
- Candidate must also have passed English as a subject.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Widows or Wards of Defence Personnel/ Persons with Disability will be allowed 5% relaxation of marks.
IPU CET B.C.A. Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing for the exam can check the eligibility criteria of IPU CET 2020 for the BCA programme to make sure that they are eligible to appear:
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 or the equivalent exam with a minimum aggregate of 50%
- Candidate must have passed in English.
- Candidate must have studied and passed Mathematics or (Computer Science / Informatics Practice / Computer Applications / Multimedia & Web Technology / Data Management Application / Web Application as compulsory subject.
- Candidate who has completed three-year Diploma in a branch of Engineering from a polytechnic duly approved by All India Council for Technical Education and affiliated to a recognized examining body with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate are also eligible to apply.
IPU CET 2020 Application Form
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University will release the IP University 2020 application form in the last week of March in online mode at ipu.ac.in. The process of filling the IP University application form will be for the admission in UGAT and PGAT programmes offered by the university. Candidates will be able to fill the application form of IP University 2020 till the third week of April. To be able to fill the IP University 2020 application form and sit for IPU CET, candidates will have to get themselves registered online by providing their active and valid email ID and mobile numbers. It must be noted that the separate IP University application form 2020 must be filled if candidates wish to apply for different courses. The mode to remit the IP University application fee will be online too through a secure gateway that will be provided by the university itself. Candidates will be required to fill their personal details, academic qualifications, upload some scanned copies of official documents on their IP University 2020 application form.
IP University Application Form 2020 – Important Dates
|Application process begins||Last week of March 2020|
|Last date to fill application form||Third week of April 2020|
|Issue of admit cards||Last week of April 2020|
|IPU CET 2020||First week of May 2020|
How to fill IP University Application Form 2020?
Candidates can follow the steps given below to help them fill the application form of IP University 2020 online without any hassle.
Steps to fill IP University Application Form
Step 1: Choosing Exam Category
Before starting with filling the IPU CET application form 2020, candidates will be asked to choose the exam category.
Step 2: General Information- First form, First Section
This section includes personal information fields
|Photograph||Passport-size colour photograph|
|Face should be covering 75% of the photo (without any attestation)|
|Should be taken on or after 1st January of the admission year|
|Should not have the candidates wearing goggles and cap|
|Less than 80 KB|
|Less than 80 KB|
|Thumb Impressions||JPEG/.JPG/.GIF format|
|Less than 80 KB|
Step 3: Qualification Details- First form, Second Section
- On the basis of exam category selected, candidates will get Qualification page where they will be required to fill their previously qualified examination’s details. These details are not mandatory, and a candidate has to fill the details only if it’s available with them
- After filling in the Academic details, as per the exam categories selected, the candidate has to press ‘next’ and he/she will be redirected to the final submit page
- Candidates will have to submit a declaration
- Fill in the ‘captcha’
- Check the ”I Agree” checkbox
- Click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button
- If the candidate press CANCEL, he/she will be allowed to check and make modifications in their general and academic details.
- If the candidate presses OK, then he/she cannot edit the same and have to re-register in case they need to change any personal information
- After clicking on OK, candidates will get their login credentials (Login ID and password) which must be written down for future references.
- Once a candidate press OK, his/her Login ID and Password will be generated, which along with the other details are shown on the next window. Candidate can neither take any printout of this page nor can edit his personal details henceforth
Step 4: Form Two, Selection of Course
- Candidates have to head to the ‘course application’ tab and click on ‘apply for courses’ button where they can apply for multiple courses
- Candidates can find some of their information already filled in the IP University application form 2020. In this section, he/she will be selecting the course he/she wants to apply for.
- After selecting the course, candidates have to tick the ‘I agree’ checkbox and click on ‘submit’.
- A disclaimer will appear asking candidates to review the details entered. Click on ‘cancel’ to review the details or on ‘OK’ to submit the form.
- After clicking on OK, candidates will be able to pay the fee online. Click on the ‘make payment’ button and choose the preferred medium of payment.
Following is the fee structure for all categories and courses
- Upon successful payment, the entire application form of IP University 2020 will be generated and displayed. Candidates are suggested to take a printout of this form and retain it till the completion of admissions.
- Candidates are suggested to take multiple printouts of the fee receipt and the duly filled IP University 2020 application form for future references.
IP University 2020 Application Form – Pointers
- Before filling the IPU CET application form 2020, candidates are suggested to go through the IP University eligibility criteria 2020. Applications will be cancelled if candidates are found ineligible at any stage of admission
- Incomplete IP University 2020 application form will be rejected. Therefore, it is advised to fill your forms completely.
- The name and the date of birth of the candidates on IP University application form must be similar to the one presented on their Class Xth and XIIth marksheets. Also, the names of father and mother need to be entered exactly as that mentioned in the class 10th certificate or equivalent.
- If a candidate does not fill the category, he will be automatically assumed to be of general category.
- In ‘Region’, candidates must select the ‘Delhi region’ only if they have completed their education from an institute located in Delhi. Else, they will have to select ‘Outside Delhi’
- Before submitting the IP University application form 2020, it is suggested that candidates verify all the details entered. If the university finds that any detail is furnished or fabricated, the applicants will lose their candidature.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
|Type of questions||MCQs|
|Total number of questions||150|
|Each correct answer - 4 marks|
|Each incorrect answer - One mark|
|Medium of Examination||English|
IP University Marking Scheme 2020
- Every correct answer will be awarded with four marks
- One mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
- No marks will be deducted for any non-attempted question.
- The marking scheme is common for all the UG and PG programmes of IP University admission 2020.
- In case a candidate marks more than one response, the response will be treated as incorrect.
IPU CET 2020 Admit Card
GGSIPU will release the IP University admit card in the last week of April, in online mode. Candidates will be required to enter their Username ID and password in order to download the IP University 2020 admit card. It must be noted that the university will not send any admit card of IPU CET 2020 via post/courier, therefore the candidates are suggested to only download it online. The IP University admit card 2020 will be released on separate dates as per the programmes. The IP University admit card acts as a hall ticket/pass which will allow candidates to enter the examination hall to sit for IP University admission 2020. Therefore, it is important for candidates to carry their admit card with them while visiting the exam hall along with other official documents for ID proofs. The admit card of IPU CET must also be retained for any future references.
IP University Admit Card 2020 – Important Dates
|Release of the admit card||Last week of April 2020|
|IPU CET 2020||First week of May 2020|
How to download IP University Admit Card 2020?
The university will release the admit card of IP University 2020 in online mode. Candidates can follow the steps given below to download the admit card in a hassle-free way.
Steps to download IP University admit card
Step 1. Visit the official website of GGSIPU
Step 2. Click on the official link of IP University admit card 2020
Step 3. Enter your Login ID and password
Step 4. The admit card will now appear on the screen
Step 5. Take out multiple copies of the admit card for future reference
Details mentioned on IP University Admit Card 2020
Candidates must look out for the following details printed on the admit card of IP University 2020. In the case of any discrepancy, the authorities must be duly informed
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number of the candidate
- Date of the exam
- Time of the exam
- Name of the exam centre
- Address of the exam centre
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
IPU CET 2020 Result
Candidates appearing for Indraprastha University common entrance test 2020 can check the IP University 2020 result declaration dates along with the dates of IPUCET, cut off and counselling. As there are many programmes in IPU CET, so the results will be declared on different dates on the basis of the commencement of examination. It is important for candidates to keep a note of these events so that they do not miss out on any important step involved in the admission process
Steps to check IP University Result
Step 1: Visit the official website (ipu.ac.in)
Step 2: Click on ‘Admission’ section and select the ‘CET Results’
Step 3: Upon clicking on the link, the list of pdf for the result of IP University 2020 will appear on the screen for various IPU CET programmes
Step 4: Click on the pdf file of your applied IPU CET programmes
Step 5: The results will appear on the screen in the form of a rank.
Step 6: Candidates can download the IP University result and take multiple print outs for future references
IPU CET 2020 Cut off
|IP University CET 1st Cut off||Last week of July 2020|
|IPU CET 2nd Cut off||Last week of July 2020|
|IP University cut off for Round before Sliding Round||Last week of August 2020|
Factors that affect IPU Cut off
- Total number of candidates taking the examination
- Difficulty level of the examination.
- Marks scored by the test takers.
- Number of seats offered by the participating institutes.