IPM - Introduction
Five years integrated program in management ( IPM) is a unique course provided by INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT INDORE ( 120 seats )and INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ROHTAK (150 seats) by IPMAT
IIMs are famous for providing students with a world-class education and turning them into outstanding leaders in the field of business management.
IIM Indore came up with this concept in 2011, inspiring IIM Rohtak to be the next IIM to provide this course in 2019.
The course is structured for the young bubbling students who want to pursue a career in a managerial or leadership field right after their XII class or higher secondary school. These students who get admitted in this course will be awarded an MBA degree from the respective IIM after completing five years course.
One interesting thing about it is, that the academic course planned for IPM batch includes a wide variety of extracurricular activities along with their rigorous core topics so that the IPM students get embedded with leadership qualities and managerial skills.
Not only does IPM focus on the learning part but also it provides a huge opportunity to implement and work practically on these skills by providing internships at the end of every academic year.
Since IIMs believe that if students should gen upon every subject, slog it, to achieve the main aim and hence, this course in a residential program where faculty is available 24*7 to clear up all the doubts.
The uniqueness of this course is the learning goal that is split into the first three years and the last two years which makes it a dual degree course. If the students feel like opting out of the course after three years of graduation they’ll be awarded a bachelors’ degree from both the IIMs ( BA degree from IIM Indore and BBA degree from IIM Rohtak).
In the first three years, the main focus of the course in on subjects like mathematics, economics, sociology, statistics, psychology, IT, foundation in management, and many more. Whereas the student who meets a specific CGPA/TGPA criteria will be promoted to the PG program, where IPM students and PGP students follow the same set of courses together.
It is one of the most interesting learning programs which allows students to study in IIM without opting CAT exam or major MBA entrance exam.
Finally, to conclude, this program is designed to make young students super-specialized business leaders of the world.
Importance of IPM
IIM IPM Indore
Launched in 1996 Indian Institute of Management, Indore is the first of its kind which offers a five-year management degree (Integrated Programme in Management) with the top academic standards for developing the best industry leaders, businessmen, and entrepreneurs.
The five-year integrated programme aims to attract students who have qualified 12th or equivalent exam from the schools across India.
The five-year programme consists of 15 terms divided into three parts of three months in each year. The first three years of the IPM course deals with the building of a strong foundation of the students and last two focuses on strengthening their management skills.
IIM Indore IPM Important Dates
|Registration for the IPM exam opens||Third week of March 2020|
|Last date to submit the Application form||Third week of April 2020|
|Issuance of the admit card||Last week of April 2020|
|IIM Indore IPM 2020 Exam Date||Second week May 2020|
|Declaration of the IPM result||Third week of May 2020|
|Dates for counselling||First week of June 2020|
Established in 2009, Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak will be starting its first batch of the Integrated Programme in Management from 2019 to 2024. The five-year management programme will cater those candidates who aim to make their career in business management.
The IIM Rohtak, IPM will provide the option of exiting from the course to its students after the successful completion of three years, i.e. with bachelor’s in management studies (BMS) certificate. In this way the students still have the option of continuing the integrated programme for five years which will lead to their master’s in management studies (MMS) degree. The IPM programme will be taking 160 students in its first batch. The annual fees for the domestic candidates is Rs.4,10,000/- and for the international candidates it is Rs.6,20,000/-
IIM Indore IPM Important Dates
|IPM Online Application Opens||Second week of April, 2020|
|Last date for submission of online Application||Second week of May, 2020|
|Download Hall Ticket||Second week of May, 2020|
|IIM Rohtak IPM Aptitude test (Online)||Third week of May, 2020|
|IIM Rohtak IPM Personal Interview||Second week of June, 2020|
|Announcement of Selection List||Jul-20|
|Induction & Orientation of the Programme||Aug-20|
IPMAT 2020 Eligibility
IPMAT eligibility 2020 is set of requirements as mentioned by IIM Indore, that students must fulfill for admission to the five-year Integrated Programme in Management. The eligibility criteria for IPMAT 2020 is as under:
- The candidate should have scored a minimum of 60% in class 10th/SSC and class 12th/ HSC or equivalent examination in case of General and NC-OBC category
- The candidates must have passed the qualifying examination in 2018, 2019 or in 2020.
- Also, the candidate should be of maximum 20 years of age as on July 31, 2020
- The candidate should have scored a minimum of 55% in class 10th/SSC and class 12th/ HSC or equivalent examination in case of SC, ST and PWD (DA) category
State Wise Eligibility Criteria for General and NC/OBC category
- Candidates applying for the exam should have obtained an aggregate of 60% in both class 10th and class 12th or the overall score of SAT1 should be 1600 out of 2400
- Candidates who will be appearing for class 12th examination or are waiting for the results can also apply for the examination.
- The candidate should not be more than 20 years of age as on July 31, 2020
SC, ST and PWD/DA category
- Candidates applying for the exam should have obtained an aggregate of 55% in both class 10th and class 12th or the overall score of SAT1 should be 1475 out of 2400
- Candidates who will be appearing for class 12th examination or are waiting for the results can appear for the examination.
- The candidate should be exceed 22 years of age as on July 31, 2020
IPMAT 2020 Eligibility
IPMAT 2020 registration dates will be out soon. The registrations for IPMAT 2020 are likely to begin the month of March 2020 and candidates have to fill the applications in online mode only. Before filling IPMAT 2020 application form, it is important to check the eligibility criteria of the exam. Applications of only those candidates will be accepted who are eligible to apply for the exam.
The application fee for candidates belonging to General and NC-OBC categories is Rs 3, 450/-, and for candidates belonging to SC, ST and PWD (DA) categories is Rs 1,770/-. The fee can be paid only in online mode through the following:
- Credit/Debit Card
- Net Banking
Candidates can fill in the application form by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of IIM Indore
- Click on the registration link of IPMAT 2020
- The candidate needs to generate a User ID and password
- This User ID and password will also be sent to the candidate through registered Email and SMS.
- Next, the candidate needs to re-login using the credentials.
- The next step is to enter the required details in the application form. candidates must ensure that they enter the correct details as the same cannot be changed later.
- Pay the registration fee through Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories need to submit valid and attested certificates supporting their reservation category.
IPMAT 2020 Admission Process
Step 1: Fill in the Application form
Candidates willing to appear for IPMAT 2020 need to register for the exam. It must be noted that the application form must be submitted before the deadline. It is advised to check the eligibility criteria before filling in the application form.
The fee is Rs 1400 for general category/NC-OBC and Rs 700 for reserved category candidates. Candidates must note that the fee can be paid only in online mode. Candidates can choose to pay the fee by any of the following:
- Credit/Debit Card
Step 2: Download IPMAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates who register successfully for the exam will get access to the admit cards. The same will be available at least a week before the date of exam. Registered candidates can download their respective admit cards from the official website by entering their Registered ID and password.
Step 3: Appear for IPMAT 2020
The dates for IPMAT 2020 have not been announced yet. IPMAT is conducted in an online mode and the duration of the exam is 2 hours. Registered candidates need to appear for the exam where they will be assessed on Quantitative Ability (Multiple Choice Question-MCQ), Quantitative Ability (Short Answer Question-SA) and Verbal Ability (Multiple Choice Question-MCQ).
Step 4: Check IPMAT 2020 Result
Test-takers can check their results online. The result is generally declared within 10-15 day from the date of exam. Candidates need to enter their application form number, email ID or Date of Birth in order to access their result.
Step 5: WAT-PI
Candidates who clear the written test are further called in for the WAT-PI process. Shortlisted candidates need to appear for an Essay writing round and are then interviewed by a panelist of IIM Indore
IPMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
IPMAT Exam Pattern 2020 mentions important details of the question paper including type of questions, marking scheme, sectional weightage and other details. IPMAT 2020 will be conducted in a Computer-Based Mode. The Aptitude Test for IIM Indore Five-year Integrated Programme in Management will comprise of 100 questions.
IPMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
|Number of Sections||3 Sections|
|Verbal Ability (MCQ)|
|Quantitative Ability (MCQ)|
|Quantitative Aptitude (SA)|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for every correct answer|
|-1 for every incorrect answer|
Please Note: No marks will be given or deducted for questions that are not attempted by candidates.
|Section||Number of Questions||Time|
|Quantitative Ability (MCQ)||40||40|
|Verbal Ability (MCQ)||40||40|
|Quantitative Ability (SA)||40||40|
IPM 2020 Syllabus
Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM Indore) regulates the syllabus of IIM Indore’s IPMAT. Management candidates who are planning to appear for the exam must know the complete IPMAT syllabus as it will allow them to cover all the topics covered in the exam while preparing for it. As per the IPMAT syllabus, QA section covers the Mathematical, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation skills, and Verbal Ability section covers the English Language Comprehension skills.
|Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation/Logical Reasoning||Verbal Ability|
|Number System||Basics of Data Interpretation||Reading Comprehension|
|Simple Interest and Compound Interest||Practice Exercise on Data Interpretation||Idioms and Phrases|
|Profit, Loss and Distance||Sequencing and Arrangement||Fill in the Blanks|
|Average||Team Selection||Para Completion|
|Time and Work||Antonym,Synonym,Confusing Words|
|Ratio, Proportion and Variation|
|Time, Speed and Distance|
|Sequence and Series|
|Permutations and Combinations|
|Matrices and Determinants|
|Functions and Graphs|
IPMAT 2020 Results
IPMAT Result 2020 will be announced a week after the exam is held. IPMAT 2020 is likely to be held in the month of May 2020 for admissions to five-year integrated program in management. IPMAT result 2020 will be declared on the official website of IIM Indore. Candidates can check their results for IPMAT exam by entering their login credentials on the result window.
IPMAT Result 2020 will mention scores and percentile obtained by candidates in each section of the question paper along with overall scores and percentile. Based on IPMAT result, the candidates are shortlisted for further rounds of Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI).
How to check IPMAT Result 2020?
Candidates can check their IPMAT 2020 results by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the ‘Results’ tab on the homepage
- Enter application form number
- Enter the registered email id or Date of Birth in DD/MM/YY format
- Enter security code
- Click on the ˜Get Status’ tab
- IPMAT 2020 result will appear on the screen
- Download and take a printout of the same
Candidates must make sure that they keep the printout of the result safe until the admission process ends. The maximum and minimum scores are the highest and lowest scores secured by the candidate in respective sections.
The scores of IPMAT 2020 will decide whether the test-taker will be eligible for WAT and PI or not. The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the WAT-PI rounds at any of the eight centres, namely Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata and Mumbai.
IPMAT 2020 Admit Card
IPMAT admit cards 2020 will be released a week before the exam date. The admit card of IPMAT 2020 will be available on the official website. Candidates need to download their admit card by entering details i.e. Application Number/User ID and Password in the login window.
The IPMAT 2020 admit card was issued only to those candidates who successfully registered for the exam before the last date of registration. The admit card will be available only in online mode at official website of IIM Indore.
How to download IPMAT Admit Card 2020?
Follow the below mentioned steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the ˜Admit Card’ tab
- Enter Application Number or User ID and Password
- Login using the above-mentioned credentials
- IPMAT 2020 admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download and take a printout of the same
Details on IPMAT Admit Card 2020
Candidates should check the details mentioned on the admit card. The admit card must contain the following information:
- Name of the candidate
- Signature and photograph of the candidate
- Roll Number
- Time and venue of the exam centre
- Instruction related to the exam
- Space for invigilator’s signature
In case any of the details is incorrect or missing, the same should be reported immediately to the officials. Also, in case the admit card is inaccessible, the candidate should immediately get in touch with the authorities.
Candidates must remember that the admit card is an important document that is required to be carried to the exam hall. Permission to enter the exam hall will not be given to candidates found without their admit cards.
Top 5 colleges offering IPM and their Selection Process
Integrated program in Management(IPM) is a five years integrated course for management that includes BBA+MBA or BMS+MBA. These courses can be taken up by the students who want to pursue leadership and managerial field as their career option right after XII std or higher secondary school. Only students who are clear with their aim and interest in management should take up this integrated course because in these five years course they’ll be taught only about business management and will be made to learn how to groom as a perfect manager. This course doesn’t believe in training one particular skill as IT, Finance but IIM trains their students in all the fields of management so that later on they take up their course of interest. Since very few reputed colleges take up integrated MBA, so a student should be choosing their college and field wisely and with utter care and foresight.
Moreover, these integrated programs are special because they are dual degree courses and we do not have to give a second entrance exam to enter into a PG program. Only one entrance is conducted to get enrolled in the course.
Choosing a college wisely has become a need of the hour, so the students should not only focus on the infrastructure of the college but also should learn about the curriculum that the college will follow for their semesters. This gives students a clear picture of what they’ll be studying in that particular college. One important point while going through the curriculum is that the courses of UG shouldn’t repeat in the PG course, which would reduce the authenticity of the course, and a student would see evolution in them.
Some of the best colleges in India for IPM are listed below, along with their admission process and criteria.
- IIM Indore started the IPM program in 2011 for young students who had an aspiration to become a future manager or a leader right after their XII class
- Learning Goals of the program are divided into the first three years of the bachelors’ program while the next two years will follow the curriculum of the PG program.
- The admission process includes a special screening test named IPMAT exam and normally it starts during MAY month, following the result declaration by JUNE and WAT and PI in July
- To opt for IPMAT exam
- Age: Candidate should be born on or after AUG 01,2000(relaxation of 5 years for candidates from SC/ST/PWD category)
- Qualification: Candidate should have passed their XII std or higher secondary school from any recognized board
- Eligible candidates have to submit their application online at (www.iimidr.ac.in) along with a non-refundable application fee.
- Cut off for the second round will be mentioned on the official site and students who clear all sectional cut-offs will get a call for WAT AND PI
- All the requirements should be fulfilled by the candidate to get a seat in the program and only 120 seats are available of IPM IIM Indore
- IIM R started the IPM program recently in 2019 and was successful in having 150 seats being filled with ease
- The entrance exam for IPM is IPMAT (different from IPMAT of IIMI) and exam pattern and marking scheme is also different from that of IIM I
- The second round follows WAT and Interview at allotted locations by IIM R
- Admission criteria
- Minimum 60% in std X/SSC and std XII/HSC or equivalent examination (55% for candidates with SC/ST/PwD category)
- Maximum 20 years of age as on July 31, 2019
- Reservation will be applicable as per GOI norms after meeting eligibility criteria
- Another best college after IIM to provide an integrated course in management is NIRMA UNIVERSITY
- Admission process: All the candidates (domestic as well as international) are required to apply and appear IPMAT exam that is conducted by IIMI (normally takes place in MAY)
- In addition to IPMAT, candidates also have to apply online NIRMA APPLICATION FORM from the Institute of Management, Nirma University along with online payment of INR 1500
- Candidates are shortlisted based on their performance in IPMAT of IIMI and will get a call for an interview
- The final selection is done by reviewing the performance of the candidate in the admission test, personal interview, and academic performance
- Mumbai university is the oldest established university (1857) and is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra
- It provides an integrated program in management dividing the first three years in BMS degree while the last two years in an MBA degree, having 60 seats in total for the course
- Admission process: Visit their website and fill the admission form to register yourself by paying online fees
- Age: Candidate should be below 20 years of age on or after 7th June 2020(considering the selection process for the 2020 year) and 22 years in case of reserved category and PwD candidates
- Qualification: Candidate should have passed their higher secondary school or 10+2 from an equivalent recognized board with min 45% marks for general category and 40%marks for reserved category
- Mumbai university has a MUCMET exam as their screening test
- Selection criteria: It will be based upon All India Merit Rank of MUCMET for an integrated program
- Jindal global business school have come up with this innovative and unique course of an integrated program that includes BBA(HONS)+MBA having 5 years’ duration period right after class 12th
- It is a program that trains students to have a global perspective through a unique method of learning and interaction
- Eligibility: Minimum 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 examination under any recognized board
- Securing marks in SAT (1100 MARKS), ACT (27), UGAT (60 PERCENTILE) are exempted from JSAT (JINDAL SCHOLASTIC APTITUDE TEST) entrance exam will fetch the candidate a seat in this program
- Normally the last date to apply is kept till JULY end and the course starts in August