IIFT 2021 is an entrance exam for admission to MBA (International Business) 2021-23 batch organized by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada which will be held on December 6, 2020. It will be a single session computer-based test of two hours’ duration. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) MBA Admission Test-2021 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) and not by IIFT as was conducted earlier. NTA will release the IIFT MBA Admission Test 2021 Notification in August 2020. The question paper comprises of Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Logical reasoning and Data Interpretation, Quantitative Analysis, and General Knowledge which altogether makes a paper of 110 questions with a difficulty level ranging from moderate to high difficulty
One of the most important MBA entrance exams IIFT Entrance Exam has following key highlights:
|IIFT 2020 EXAM CONDUCTING BODY||NATIONAL TESTING AGENCY (NTA)|
|Number of MBA colleges under IIFT Exam||IIFT Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada (Yet to commence)|
|Mode of IIFT Entrance Exam 2020||Computer Based Test (Changed from Paper Based test)|
|IIFT 2020 Application Process||Online|
|IIFT Exam Application Fee||Rs.2000/- (Under Revision)|
|IIFT Exam Full Form||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Entrance Exam|
|IIFT Exam cut off Percentile||95 Percentile|
|IIFT Exam Raw Score cut off out of 100||39 to 42 marks (Based on last year cut off)|
|Total Questions in IIFT Exam||114 (based on Last Year number)|
|Sectional Division of IIFT 2020 Exam||6 Sections with different number of Questions in Each Section|
|IIFT 2020 Exam Duration||2 Hours (10AM to 12 Noon)|
|IIFT Exam 2020 Key sections||VA, RC, Quant, DI, LR, GK|
|IIFT Exam Difficulty Level||Moderate to Difficult|
|Maximum Marks in IIFT Exam||100|
|IIFT 2020 Scoring Pattern||Varying Scoring pattern of 0.5 Mark to 1 Mark for each correct|
|Negative Marking||1/3 of the Marks allotted for correct answer|
|Importance of Sectional Score||Candidates to qualify in each section and achieve the minimum cut|
IIFT 2020 Important Dates
|Registrations begin||September 2nd week, 2020|
|Registrations end||October 3rd week, 2020|
|Admit cards download begins||November 2nd week, 2020|
|IIFT 2020 Exam||December 1st week, 2020|
|Answer key download||December 2nd week, 2020|
|Result announcement||December 3rd week, 2020|
|Announcement of shortlist||January 1st week, 2021|
National Testing Agency for both domestic and international candidates will prescribe the eligibility criteria for IIFT 2021. The eligibility criteria of IIFT 2021 are different for various categories. Candidates failing to meet IIFT eligibility criteria 2021, his/her admission will be canceled. Therefore, before filling the application form, aspirants must check for the IIFT 2021 eligibility criteria. IIFT exam is conducted for admission to the management program of IIFT. The IIFT 2021 exam will be held in an online mode, in the first week of December 2020.
Here are the complete eligibility criteria for IIFT 2021 exam:
- Candidates from General Category should have a minimum 3-years graduation degree in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognized university/institute/college to be eligible to appear in the exam
- SC, ST and PWD category candidates with minimum 45% marks in graduation from any recognized university are eligible to appear for IIFT 2020
- Final year graduation students can also apply. However, they would need to submit the proof of requisite qualification by the second week of October 2020 until then their seat is at hold
- Foreign nationals and NRIs can apply for the IIFT entrance exam with a valid GMAT score which is not older than January 1, 2020 and they should have a valid passport or travel document of another country apart from India.
- There are no age restrictions to appear in the IIFT entrance exam
IIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria- NRI / Foreign National
- Candidate should be a resident of outside India for a time tenure not less than a period of 18 months as on December 31, 2020, and also should be in some foreign country during the IIFT examination window and their certificate should state this information
- Students must produce a certificate from INDIAN high commission/Indian Embassy/ consulate of the country where they are based on with an application, stating where the candidate is placed
- Foreign candidates must have a valid travel document or passport from a country other than India
- Candidate must obtain a valid GMAT score which must have taken after January 1, 2019, and they also have to produce its score by February 15, 2021
- If the candidate has already appeared for any other MBA entrance exam in the year 2020, that student will not be considered eligible to apply for IIFT 2020 while they are required to submit the undertaking for it
- The candidate should have a minimum of 50 % marks in their graduation from any recognized university
Things to be kept ready on the checklist before Filling IIFT 2021 Registration Form
Before filling the IIFT 2020 application form aspirants must keep ready with them the following documents:
- Scanned Passport size photograph (black and white, in clear contrast)
- Scanned signature
- Scanned category certificate (if any)
- Two copies of an academic mark sheet or certificate of X, XII, and graduation.
- Copy of official entries on passport pages.
- Copy of undertaking regarding the candidate who had not appeared for any other MBA competitive exams such as XAT, CAT, or any other during the year 2020 (Only for NRI candidates).
- Two letters of recommendation. First from the person who could evaluate the applicant’s performance in professional as well as leadership and managerial skills. Second from any current manager or supervisor
Specification for documents
|Signature||JPEG/.JPG||between 10 kb to 200 kb|
|Photograph||.JPEG/.JPG||between 4kb to 30 kb|
|Reserved category certificate||.JPEG/.JPG||between 50kb to 300 kb|
Steps to be followed to fill IIFT 2021 Registration form
- Visit the official website of IIFT NTA
- Click on the icon ADMISSION 2021
- Fill all personal details asked in the form
- Upload the necessary documents (mentioned above) in the IIFT application form 2020
- Fill the preferred exam center from the list given
- Proceed for the payment of fees via card or online wallet as mentioned
- Once the details are filled and submitted, the candidate will receive the confirmation mail on their registered email Id
- Download and take a print out of the confirmation mail for future requirements
SNAP 2020 EXAM PATTERN
IIFT 2020 Exam Pattern Key Features
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam mode||Computer-Based Mode|
|Exam duration||Two hours|
|Number of sections||Six|
|Nature of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|Number of questions in each section||Not specific|
|Total number of questions||114|
|Marks allotted for every correct answer||0.5-1 mark|
|Negative Marking||1/3rd of total marks per question|
|Sectional time limit||No limit|
IIFT Marking Scheme – Section-wise
|SECTIONS||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||MARKS FOR THE CORRECT ANSWER||NEGATIVE MARKING|
|Vocabulary and Comprehension||16||1||0.33|
IIFT 2021 SYLLABUS
|Logical Reasoning||Comparisons, Directions, Coding-Decoding, Deductions, Input & Output etc.|
|Data Interpretation||Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Table, Line Graph etc.|
|Verbal Ability||Grammar, Analogy, Spellings, Phrases, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc.|
|Reading Comprehension||Passages, Fill in the Blanks,|
|Quantitative Ability||Numbers, Geometry, Mensuration, Permutation & Combination etc.|
|General Awareness||Politics, Business, Economics, Banking, History, Geography, Sports etc.|
IIFT Admit Card
Admit card is an important document for every candidate to appear for IIFT 2021 exam. Candidates need to carry the IIFT 2021 admit card to the exam center on the day of the exam and Only the candidates who have filled and submitted the application form of IIFT 2020 along with the application fee would be able to download the admit card. Given below are the rest of the details one should carry with them in their examination hall.
- The admit card of IIFT 2021 will be released for download from November on the official website of the exam
- Candidates will be able to download the IIFT admit card 2021 with the help of their registered id and password.
- Candidates need to carry the admit card to the exam center on the day of the exam along with a photo id proof – Driving License, Aadhar id card, Election id card, Passport
- Without the admit card, no candidate will be allowed to write the IIFT 2020 exam
- Candidates need to keep the admit card safely till the end of the admission process as it would be required at every stage of the admission.
The result of the IIFT 2021 exam will be announced in December 2020. Both the result and scorecard will be available online on their official website. The names of shortlisted candidates for the second round of interview will be mentioned on the scorecard. As many as 2097 candidates were selected the previous year. More details are given below
- Candidates can check their IIFT result 2021 on the official website by clicking “IIFT Result”.
- The result will be available in the form of a scorecard where candidates can check the sectional as well as the overall score.
- Candidates can download the scorecard in the form of a pdf file by logging in to the official website with their seven-digit IIFT roll number and date of birth.
- On the basis of the score, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection rounds – Writing test, GD, and PI
- The final IIFT 2020 result or selection will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds.
IIFT 2020 Cutoffs
Cut-offs for IIFT 2021 will be calculated based on the following factors:
- Total number of applicants
- Number of seats available
- Question paper difficulty level
- Past years cutoff trends
National Testing Agency, will announce the IIFT 2021 cut-off along with the results which will be declared in the first week of January. More details are given below:
- The minimum marks required to qualify for the selection rounds are called the cutoff.
- The cut-off depends on various factors that include the difficulty level of test, the total number of test-takers, the number of seats available, past years cut off trends, etc.
- Candidates who meet the IIFT cut-off criterion as announced on the shortlisting list by IIFT Delhi will be invited for the selection rounds – Writing test, GD, and PI
- The shortlisted candidates will be assigned a center for the selection rounds. The list of centers will be mentioned on the site
- The cut-off of IIFT 2021 will be different for each category
Authorities will release the selection procedure of IIFT 2021 in January. IIFT will shortlist candidates based on performance in the second round that comprises writing an essay, GD, Personal Interview of IIFT 2021 as per the qualifying criteria. There are three main stages of the IIFT Selection Procedure 2021:
Essay Writing: Candidates who successfully crack the cut-off of the IIFT exam will have to take part in the next round of selection that is Essay Writing. For this round, the average time is 20 minutes and the word limit is 300 words. In this round, they examine the writing skills and conceptual knowledge of candidates about the given topics.
Group Discussion & Interview: GD round is aimed at figuring out how the candidate’s teamwork. Candidates must keep in mind all the events of general awareness. Those who are preparing for the group discussion and personal interview rounds should make sure that they upgrade themselves with trends in business events. Students must prepare group discussions and learn interview tactics before appearing for the interview