1. China launches Sudan's first ever satellite "SRSS-1"
2. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan re-elected as President of UAE
1. MSDE, IBM jointly launch Skills Build platform
2. Agriculture Minister releases 5th edition of Wastelands Atlas 2019
3. PM Modi inaugurates 5th India International Science Festival
4. HRD Minister and Harsimrat Kaur Badal to launch 3 books on Guru Nanak Dev Ji
5. Indian Railways launches 3 online applications for all-India rollout
6. 5th edition of GES 2019 to be held in Bengaluru
1. PM Modi inaugurates two-day Global investors' meet in Dharamshala
2. Lucknow railway station gets ˜Health ATM'
3. Odisha government signs pact with Tata Strive, Tech Mahindra for skill upgradation
1. MSTC ties up with Allahabad Bank to develop e-auction platform
2. Tech Mahindra acquires New York-based BORN Group for $95 million
3. GeM partners with Central Bank of India for payment related services
4. Indian Bank, Muthoot Microfin sign MoU
1. Arvind Singh takes over as AAI chairman
2. Dr. Vinaya Shetty appointed as IODA's 1st Indian and Asian General Vice President
3. Sanjay Gupta appoints country manager at Google India
4. Anjani Kumar appointed as next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Mali
5. Justice Sanjay Karol sworn in as Chief Justice of Patna High Court
1. Serbia's Sara Damnjanovic wins "Miss Asia Global title 2019"
2. Infosys Prize 2019 for science and research
3. West Bengal based writer Abhisek Sarkar wins award at Dhaka Lit-fest
4. Gulab Kothari to be awarded Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award
5. Kumar Mangalam Birla conferred ABLF Global Asian award
1. Ujjivan Small Finance Bank launches Instant Digital Savings and Instant FD Account
2. Bajaj Allianz General Insurance launches 'Farmitra' mobile app for farmers
3. Exim Bank grants $30 million line of credit to Ghana
4. Moody's revises India's economic outlook to "negative" from "Stable"
5. Karnataka Gramin Bank initiates 'mobile ATMs' in rural areas
6. Banks cannot charge on NEFT transactions from January 2020
1. Vice President releases monograph of 'Musical Excellence of Mridangam' in Chennai
2. CJI Ranjan Gogoi releases Assamese version of book 'Courts of India: Past to Present'
1. ADB to give $451 mn for Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor power links
The Asian Development Bank will provide a $451 million (about Rs 3,200 crore) loan to strengthen power connectivity between the southern and northern parts of the Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) in Tamil Nadu.
The total cost of the project is $653.5 million, of which the government will provide $202.5 million.
The estimated completion date is end of 2024.
The project will help promote economic development by delivering a more reliable and competitive power supply for industry and services in the state, which will in turn spur jobs and improve livelihoods.
Asian Development Bank Headquarters: Manila, Philippines, President: Takehiko Nakao.
1. Biggest US-Bangladesh Navy exercise starts in Chattogram, Bangladesh
2. Shripad Naik inaugurates DRDO's Igniter Complex at HEMRL, Pune
3. GRSE delivers fast patrol vessel, 'Annie Besant' to Indian Coast Guard
4. Indian Navy, Indonesian Navy bilateral maritime exercise 'Samudra Shakti'
5. Indian Coast Guard conducted Exercise ReSAREX-2019
6. Defence innovations conference to showcase accomplishments of iDEX
1. India Justice Report 2019: Maharashtra holds top, UP ranks bottom
1. Harsh Vardhan inaugurates global Mega Science Exhibition 'Vigyan Samagam'
2. IIT-Madras launches affordable standing wheelchair
1. Manu Bhaker bags gold medal in Asian Shooting Championships 2019
2. Women's boxing icon Nicola Adams announced retirement
3. India to host 2023 Men's Hockey World Cup
4. Hat-trick man Deepak Chahar records best-ever figures in T20
1. Union Home Minister inaugurates SCO joint exercise on urban earthquake search, rescue
2. Lok Sabha Speaker addresses 6th Speakers' Summit of G 20 Countries
3. 15th Governing Council of SACEP 2019 held in Dhaka, Bangladesh
4. SACEP is an inter-governmental organization which was established in 1982
5. 2nd 'No money for terror conference 2019' held in Australia
6. Vice President inaugurates 10th Asian Conference of Emergency Medicine
7. PM Modi to visit Brazil for BRICS summit
8. Sanskrit Bharati Vishwa Sammelan begins in New Delhi
1. Official emblem unveiled for FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup India 2020
2. China approves drug to cure Alzheimer's disease
3. BBC's announced 100 'Novels That Shaped Our World' list
4. IFFI 2019 to screen 3 films for differently-abled
5. Indian Oil to set up 2G ethanol plant in Panipat
1. Former Maharashtra minister Babasaheb Dhabekar passes away
2. Sahitya Akademi awardee writer Nabaneeta Dev Sen passes away
3. Padma Shri Dhrupad vocalist Ramakant Gundecha passes away
4. Former chief election commissioner TN Seshan passes away