- In Today’s Article, we will guide you about different areas of digital marketing specialization.
- So you searched for digital marketing areas, got to know about so many verticals and now you are confused about where or what, to begin with?
- We all know that digital marketing is the promotion and marketing through digital mediums and is based on the approach of pull marketing instead of push marketing.
- Hence, one must have basic knowledge of all the avenues and parts even though you want to choose one area as digital marketing specialization.
- Today’s article will help you to find the right field for you to begin your career in digital marketing
- Unless you do the integrated course in digital marketing where you learn about all the verticals and also work on different tools, you can also do the course in the particular field only as per your requirement
SEO stands for search engine optimization and its basic function is to increase the organic traffic of a website or a particular webpage. An effectively done SEO will rank your page at the top of the search results(SERPs)
Pros and Cons of SEO Career
- The result of SEO takes time and requires a lot of research to be done but once your page is ranked, it is difficult for the other competitors to get their way in
- SEO result mainly depends upon intent and also the quality of content created matching the intent, no SEO expert can rank garbage or irrelevant content in SERPs in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
- You would be required to keep an eye constantly to maintain the rank of a webpage and also be in the sync with the updates by the search engine(google)
What is Expected at Beginners Level
- An SEO person requires having some technical knowledge also as this profile deals with the technicalities of a website such as a website architecture, errors & user experience, etc
- You must have patience as it’s time taking and a quick learner to implement changes and updates.
- You don’t need to have great communication skills but must have great research and analytical mind
Why choose SEO like Digital Marketing Specialization?
- There is a lot of demand for SEO services, hence there are many job opportunities
- Decent pay at the entry or fresher level and 60-80% hike after a year or two
- SEO job profile has a lot of respect as it is not a piece of cake
- Not easily replaceable meaning once you have acquired a position and handling many projects in any company, no one can dare to take your job
- Challenging but interesting as it requires you to think of different ways and solutions to beat your competitors
- After time and experience, you can work freelance as an SEO auditor or strategist
Social Media Marketing is another booming area of Digital Marketing Specialization. Everybody knows about it and is a favorite career among the millennials or anyone who spends his/her day or night on social media.
But social media, when used for marketing by the enterprises, is more than what many people think. SMM aims at increasing the traffic to the website and also the consumer engagement
Companies that use different social platforms have few goals in mind:
- Improve communication with users
- Increase brand visibility
- Reach more (potential), customers
- Having a social media presence also increase the credibility of the company
Pros and Cons of an SMM Career
- You get to interact with consumers in real-time which can be tricky in some situations when you are addressing some user’s concern
- You can analyze consumer behavior and target your ideal consumers by studying their activities and create content accordingly
- It gives you the flexibility to work from anywhere but you also require to be available 24*7 to keep an eye on consumer’s activity on the company’s page and also update posts
What is expected?
- Great communication skills
- Creative Bend of Mind
- Able to handle, address user queries and concerns on time
- Keep up with the trend
- Can think out of the box, the more you bring creative solutions the better will be the impact
Why choose SMM as digital Marketing Specialization?
- The first thing is you get to work on social media and your work is creative
- You get to handle the company’s brand image even at the beginners level\
- The flexibility of the workplace and working hours
Email marketing is simply engaging, retaining and eventually converting the ideal consumers via mail. Even though with the advent of so many platforms, email marketing is still powerful with high ROI
Pros and Cons of Having an Email Marketing career
- Consistency is required, you would have to pre-plan in advance
- A chance to grow your connections with corporate houses
- Tricky if you are new and not sure how to do?
- No matter how good your content is but there will always be the pressure of sales or conversions
What is expected at the beginner’s level:
- Strong language skills and understanding of brevity meaning able to convey the message with least words
- Must be aware of lead capturing cycle
- Technical knowledge of the tools
- Know how to design email for different platforms
- Content development
- Analytical skills can understand reports and figures
Why choose Email marketing as an area of digital marketing specialization?
- It’s a deep/ vast field in itself
- Part of digital sales and people are in preferred in the company who can do it
- Great pay scale after some experience