Symbiosis University is one of the branded and internationally recognised institutes when it comes to the education sector. There are 4 Symbiosis Law Schools (SLS) in total in the nation and these are in the four major cities which are, SLS Pune, SLS Hyderabad, SLS Noida, and SLS Nagpur. The competition to get in the SLS are unimaginably high and there is a long queue of law aspirants wanting to get in the internationally acclaimed SLS. However, clearing the Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT) is the only mode to procure a seat in the most prestigious private law colleges in India. Along with qualifying the SLAT written the candidates even have to qualify the Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) for an assured admission in their choice of law course in one of the SLS
|Exam Mode||Offline/Paper-Pen Based|
|Conducting body||Symbiosis International University|
|Participating Institutes||Symbiosis Law School at Pune, Noida and Hyderabad|
|Seats||720(BA LLB & BBA LLB)|
SLAT 2020 Important Dates
|SLAT Registration Begins from||Last Week of January 2021|
|Closing Date of SLAT Registration||3rd Week Of April 2021|
|Last Date of application fee payment of SLAT||3rd Week Of April 2021|
|SLAT Admit Card release||3rd Week of April 2021|
|Symbiosis SET 2021 Exam Date||1st Week of May 2021|
|Announcement of Results||2nd Week of May 2021|
SLAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For all law schools of Symbiosis International University, the eligibility criteria is common. The eligibility criteria for SLAT 2020 will be released officially in the notification of SLAT 2020. Law aspirants preparing for SLAT 2020 may refer to the following eligibility criteria.
SLAT 2020 Application Form
Symbiosis International University will release SLAT 2020 application form tentatively in the fourth week of January 2020. Aspirants will have to fill the online application form through the official SET website, set-test.org. While SLAT application form will be made available for a fixed duration, applicants will have to submit their application form on or before the final date of submission.
SLAT Application form 2020 – Important dates
|Release of SLAT notification||Fourth week of January 2021|
|Opening date of Registration||Fourth week of January 2021|
|SLAT payment begins||Fourth week of January 2021|
|Last date for SLAT registration||Third week of April, 2021|
|Last date to submit application form and fees payment||Third week of April, 2021|
|SLAT exam date||1st week of May 2021|
|SLAT result declaration||2nd - 3rd week of May, 2021|
How to fill the SLAT application form 2020?
Filling the application form of SLAT is a bit lengthy as it includes registration, filling personal details, fee payment and document upload, for simplification, the step by step procedure of filling SLAT 2020 application form is given below:
- Visit the official website set-test.org and click on “Apply now’ to register”.
- Click on Register and fill the registration form as appeared in the new window
- Enter your name, mobile number, email id, category and city prefered test city.
- Upload your scanned colour photo in .jpg, .jpeg, or .png format. Photo size should be up to 100kb. Photos above standard size will automatically resized by the system.
- Click on “Save and Continue” to complete registration
You will receive an id and password on registered email id and mobile number, keep these details safe as you will need to access your application form, admit card result later.
Filling the SLAT 2020 application form
- After successful registration, you will see the application form window where you will have to fill in the information as asked in the form.
- Fill your name, educational qualifications, date of birth, address, programme of law etc.
- After completing the application form, check that all the information is filled correctly, especially check for spelling mistakes in your names, address etc.
Application fee payment
The next step is to pay the application fees in online mode or offline mode. For online payment, a payment gateway will be provided in the application form, while in offline mode, the candidates can pay the application fee through demand draft
- Choose the mode of payment from make my payment tab
- For online payment, candidates can pay by using credit/debit card/net banking
- If the payment mode is selected as offline, candidates will have to send Demand Draft to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat, Pune
SLAT application form 2020 – Fee structure
An institute may offer one or more programmes so, if a candidate is opting for more than one entrance test, the fees for the other entrance test will have to be paid separately.
For eg. A candidate who is a graduate in engineering will be eligible for both SLAT and SET engineering. If he/she applies for both the programmes, the fees will have to be paid separately
|Course||Category||Amount to be paid|
|One course||All category||1750|
|Two courses (Morning and evening)||All category||3000|
SLAT 2020 Exam Pattern
|Exam mode||Computer-based test mode|
|Exam level||National level exam|
|Test duration||2 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple choices questions|
|Total questions||90 questions|
|Total marks||90 marks|
SLAT 2020 Sectional Weightage
The exam pattern mentions section-wise marks and question allotment as under:
|Sections||Questions per section||Marks per section|
SLAT 2020 Marking Scheme
- Candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct attempt
- There is no negative marking in case of wrong attempts
- No marks will be awarded or deducted for the questions not attempted by the candidates
- The overall scores will be evaluated on the basis of correct options out of a total 150 marks.
SLAT 2020 Syllabus
[[NEW SECTION]]The law entrance exam is conducted for undergraduate level courses, therefore, the syllabus will of Class 12th level only. Check the syllabus below for each subject:
|General English||General Knowledge||Legal Reasoning||Logical Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning|
|Reading Comprehension||International events||Legal terms||Blood Relations||Deductive Reasoning|
|Word Usage||UN bodies||Indian Constitution,its structure,sections and schedules||Series||Algebra|
|Vocabulary||Major developments in the areas of sports, geopolitics and important environmental agreements||Contracts and Constitutional Law||Directions||Percentage|
|Grammar||Current affairs||Torts||Critical Reasoning||Profit and Loss|
|Inference-based questions||Eminent personalities||Vicarious Liability||Syllogism||Odd-Even Discretion|
|Synonyms||Sports||Contracts and Constitutional Law||Analogy||Logical Fallacy|
|Antonyms||Awards and honours||IPC and theCrPC||Analogy|
|Foreign Words/Phrase||Strict Liability||Syllogism|
|Para Jumbles||Law of Crimes||Agreement and Disagreement|
|Intellectual Property Rights|
|Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity|
SLAT 2020 Admit Card
SLAT 2020 admit card will be issued to candidates in the last week of April 2020 after they have submitted the application forms. Candidates can download their admit card from the official website using their login ID and password
How to download SLAT 2020 Admit Card?
Candidates can download their admit card for appearing in SLAT exam as under:
- Visit the official website of Symbiosis International University (SIU) – https://www.set-test.org
- Click on “Admit Card” tab on the main page
- A new window opens up for admit card login, enter Login ID and password and click on ‘submit’ button
- The admit card will appear on the screen, cross-check details on it and if any information is found incorrect, report the same to SIU helpdesk
- Download the admit card (even if errors are found), get printouts of the same
- Candidates are advised to keep extra copies for future references
SLAT 2020 Results
The results of Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT) or SET Law Results 2020 will be declared in the third week of May next year. The Symbiosis International University (SIU) declared results of SLAT exam within a month after conducting the law entrance exam. The results are published on the official website of Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET). Candidates can check their results by entering SLAT ID and password on the login window.
How to check SLAT 2020 Results?
The results can be checked by following the simple login steps as mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of SET
Step 2: Click on ˜Download Scorecard’ tab
Step 3: Enter SLAT ID and password
Step 4: View SLAT 2020 result
Step 5: Download and print SLAT scorecard