All about the CMAT entrance exam
CMAT entrance Exam 2023 will most likely be conducted by the NTA in April. It is most likely that the examination conducting body will announce exam dates and a registration schedule in February. The CMAT exam is traditionally held in January or February. However, CMAT 2022 was held in April and registrations started in February.
Candidates can register and fill out the CMAT application form online at the NTA website for INR 2,000 (INR 1,000 for women and reserved category students). CMAT exams will be conducted in more than 100 cities across India. In order to prepare for CMAT 2023, candidates need to start at least six months in advance. In India, the CMAT is one of the most popular MBA entrance exams. Approximately 70,000 people take the test every year.
The benefits of appearing for the CMAT
- CMAT is conducted near the end of MBA entrance exam season, so you don’t have to prepare much as you can draw on the experience of CAT, XAT, and SNAP.
- About 1,300 MBA colleges in India accept CMAT scores, including some of the top colleges in Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities.
- The CMAT exam is moderately difficult, so it is easy to pass.
- The CMAT cut offs for top colleges are not high, so even with a modest score, you can get into a good college.
- The CMAT does not require 50 percent aggregate marks for application, so any candidate with passing grades in graduation can take the test.
- The application fee for women and reserved category candidates is only INR 1,000, which is much less than that for CAT, XAT, IIFT, and SNAP.
Highlights of the 2023 CMAT Exam
The CMAT is a three-hour MCQ test. Here are the key highlights of the CMAT 2023 exam:
CMAT Eligibility Criteria
CMAT candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements before applying:
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Students in the final year of their graduation may also apply for CMAT 2023, but they must present the passing certificate at the time of admission.
- In order to qualify for the CMAT exam, there is no minimum score percentage requirement.
CMAT Registration Process 2023
NTA will conduct the registration process for the CMAT exam. You can download the CMAT application form 2023 from the official NTA website (https://cmat.nta.nic.in/). Candidates must fill out an online application to appear for the exam.
Following are the steps involved in CMAT registration or application:
- Online registration by entering a name, date of birth, email address, and phone number.
- Creating a CMAT account and user ID by sending an OTP or email to confirm registration.
- Filling out the CMAT 2023 application form with personal and academic information.
- Uploading a passport-size photo and scanned signature in the prescribed format.
- CMAT 2023 registration fees may be paid by credit/debit card or online banking.
Institutes that Accept CMAT Score
CMAT results are accepted by 1500 institutions. A separate application must be submitted to each participating institute for CMAT 2023. You can use your CMAT score at the following well-known institutions:
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
- IMT Nagpur, Maharashtra
- ITM Navi Mumbai, Navi Mumbai
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- KIIT School of Management, Bhubaneshwar
- KJ Somiya Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- NL Dalmia Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- PUMBA, Pune
- Xavier Business School, Kolkata
CMAT 2023 will take place in April, and the NTA will announce the exam dates in February 2023. You can apply for the CMAT online at the NTA website for a fee of INR 2,000 (for women and reserved category students, it is INR 1000). Candidates planning to take the CMAT in 2023 should begin their preparation at least six months before the test. When preparing for an exam, it is crucial to read the curriculum and test format carefully. Taking the Common Management Admission Test in 2023 requires careful planning and consistent practice.