SNAP - Introduction
- Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) is an entrance test for the admission to all the Post-Graduate Institutes of Symbiosis International (Deemed) University.
- Candidates aspiring to join MBA / MSc (CA) / MSc (SS) programmes offered by institutes of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) have to appear for the common, mandatory Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Online Test 2018.
- A candidate needs to register for SNAP Test & also register for the institutes offering his/ her choice of programmes by paying separate programmes registration fees. If shortlisted, he/she would then need to attend the GE-PIWAT process conducted by each of these institutes individually.
- Since 2007, candidates aspiring to join MBA programs offered by institutes of Symbiosis International University have to take the common, mandatory Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test in the paper-based format. However, from 2017 SNAP was conducted as an online test.
- Graduate from any recognized / statutory University or Institute with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST). Programmes which require specific discipline/ subject specialisation need to be checked for eligibility as given by the respective Institute.
- A candidate who has completed qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU. Evaluation Division of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)issues equivalence certificate for foreign degrees/qualifications
- The Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE) is a department of the University, providing leadership & support for the University's efforts to internationalize the campus and the curricula.
- The admissions are centralized for all the institutes of Symbiosis International University and routed through SCIE. The online admission facility has made it possible for all candidates to apply from different parts of the world.
The pattern for SNAP 2018 is as follows:
- SNAP Test Pattern shall continue to have 4 Sections but there’s an introduction of Special Questions* and different marking pattern as these questions shall carry 2 marks instead of 1 mark unlike for all Normal questions.
- SNAP Test is an objective test. Each question has 4 responses (Only for Normal Questions). Candidate should choose an appropriate response. SNAP 2018 test will be online
- SNAP Test duration is of 120 minutes
- The exam will commence at 2pm and will conclude at 4 pm
- The Normal Question will carry 1 marks and the Special Question will carry 2 marks
- Each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks
- No sectional cut-off
|Section||Normal Questions||Special Questions*||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|RC & VR & VA||30||5||35||40|
|QA, DI, DS||30||5||35||40|
CAT 2018 Important Dates:
The registrations for SNAP 2018 test are underway, and the last date to register for the exam is November 26, 2018. The application forms must be filled and submitted before the deadline to avoid rejection.
|Last date to pay fee/ Last date to register||November 26, 2018|
|Admit Cards Download||December 1, 2018|
|SNAP 2018 Exam||December 16, 2018|
SNAP 2018 will be conducted in 92 cities all over India. Every year around 50K-60K students appear for SNAP exam.
SNAP 2018 Test will be conducted in 92 cities all over India. A candidate may choose three preferences of test cities for SNAP 2018 exam.
Prominent Colleges accepting SNAP Score
15 Symbiosis colleges accept SNAP scores. The MBA colleges that accept SNAP exam scores are affiliated to Symbiosis International University, Pune. Find below the list of colleges that accept SNAP scores:
|List of Colleges accepting SNAP scores|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM, Pune)||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR, Pune)|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD, Pune)||Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB, Pune)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM, Pune)||Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS, Pune)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC, Pune)||Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM, Nashik)|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT, Pune)||Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS, Pune)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM, Bengaluru)||Symbiosis School of Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)|
|Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF, Pune) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)|
|Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS, Pune)||-|
Course Offered by Symbiosis Colleges:
Following are the courses offered through SNAP Exam:
|MBA||MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)|
|MBA Marketing||MBA Human Resources|
|MBA (Information Technology)||MBA (Infrastructure Development and Management)|
|MBA (Business Analytics)||MBA (International Business)|
|MBA (Agricultural Business)||MBA (Energy & Environment)|
|MBA (Telecom Management)||MBA (Communication Management)|
|MBA (Operations Management)||MBA (Information Technology Business Management)|
|MBA (Data Science and Data Analytics)||MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)|
|MBA (Banking and Finance)||MBA (Sports Sciences)|
Quantitative Data Interpretation &
Data Sufficiency Geometry
- Ratios and Proportion
- Number system
- Work and time
- In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra
- Work, Pipes and Cisterns
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- HCF &LCM
- Geometric Progression
- Arithmetic progression
- Profit & Loss
- Arithmetic mean
- Geometric mean
- Number Base System
- Venn diagram
- Permutations & Combinations
Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation based on text, graphs and tables.
- Column graphs
- Bar Graphs
- Statements and conclusions
- Pie Chart
- Graphs representing Area
- Critical reasoning
- Coding and decoding Puzzles
- Identifying valid inferences
- Assertion and reasons
- Line charts
- Identifying next number in series
- Statements and assumption
- Visual reasoning
- Symbol Based problems
- Identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments
- Cause and Effect
- Identifying Probably true
- Matrix arrangements
- Family tree - identifying relationship among group of people
- Comprehension of passage / Poem
- Verbal Reasoning
- Sentence correction
- Odd man out
- Contextual usage
- Fill In the Blanks
- One word substitution
- Jumbled paragraphs
- Sentence Correction
- Sentence completion
- Current Affairs
- Famous award and prizes
- International organizations
- Major corporate events
- Punch line of companies
- World Records
- Top officials of big companies
- Books and authors
- Social issues