IPM-AT - Introduction
- IIM-Indore, instituted in 1996, is the sixth member of IIM family of management schools. In 2011, IIM - Indore, launched first of its kind that is its five-year integrated program in management (IPM).
- The Program consists of 15 terms spread over a duration of 5 years, with each year having 3 terms of 3 months. The first three years build a foundation, and the last two years focus on management. During the last 2 years, IPM students train as managers along with the students of the Institute's 2-year Post Graduate Program in Management (PGP), undertaking the same course package in management studies.
- On successful completion of the five-year rigorous academic experience, the students are awarded Integrated Diploma in Management by IIM Indore. Simultaneously, students are trained in-house for a bachelor’s degree from IGNOU. IPM admits students through an aptitude test - IPMAT.
- The institute received 17000+ applications for IPMAT 2016. The applications received for IPMAT 2017 was 19000+. The growing number of applicants for IPMAT is also an indication of growing demand for this program.
- Minimum 60% in Std. X and Std. XII or equivalent examination, for General and NC-OBC Category.
- Minimum 55% in Std. X and Std. XII or equivalent examination, for SC,ST and PWD (DA) Category
- Maximum age limit for candidates belonging to General and NC-OBC Category is 20 years as on July 31, 2019.
- Maximum age limit for candidates belonging to SC,ST and PWD (DA) category is 22 years as on July 31, 2019.
- Candidates who are likely to complete Std. XII or equivalent by the end of June 30, 2019 can also apply, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
Note 1: The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in X and XII Standard would be calculated based on the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the mark sheet/grade sheet, irrespective of the Board’s regulation.
Note 2: In case the candidates are awarded letter grades or grades points instead of marks, the conversion of grades to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the Board/ Competent Authority.
Note 3: Applicants pursuing their X and/or XII standard from international schools affiliated to foreign Board’s like IGCSE and IB can also apply.
Note 4: IIM Indore reserves the right to decide the eligibility conditions in terms of equivalence, percentage marks, and the recognition of the qualifying examination, intake etc.
Mode: Online / Computer Based
Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions
No. of Questions: 100
Duration: 2 Hours (120 Minutes)
IPU CET Marking Scheme:
- Correct Answer : +4
- Wrong Answer: -1 (Except SA Section)
Sections & Sectional Time limit in IPMAT 2018
|Section||Number of Questions||Time duration for the section|
|Quantitative Aptitude (MCQ)||40||40 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude(Short Answer)||20||40 Minutes|
|Verbal Ability (MCQ)||40||40 Minutes|
Enough candidates for WAT and PI for each category (General, NC-OBC, SC, ST and PWD/DA) will be shortlisted from the eligible pool using the merit list generated based on Aptitude Test Score (ATS) as mentioned in Table
Computation of Aptitude Test Score (ATS)
|Score in Quantitative||30 * (Candidate's Score - Minimum Score)/(Maximum Score - Minimum Score)|
|Ability (MCQ) Section||30 * (Candidate's Score - Minimum Score)/(Maximum Score - Minimum Score)|
|Score in Quantitative Ability (SA) Section||35 * (Candidate's Score - Minimum Score)/(Maximum Score - Minimum Score)|
|Score in Verbal Ability (MCQ) Section||35 * (Candidate's Score - Minimum Score)/(Maximum Score - Minimum Score)|
|Aptitude Test Score (ATS)||Sum of above scores|
Note: Maximum and Minimum scores are the highest and lowest scores obtained in respective sections by the candidates from the eligible pool.
Shortlisted candidates shall appear for WAT & PI at any one of the eight centres i.e. Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata and Mumbai.
Final Selection: Category wise merit list will be generated based on Composite Score (CS) as mentioned in Table and provisional admission offers will be made accordingly, adhering to the Government of India reservation norms.
Computation of Composite Score (CS):
|Component||Component Weightage (%)|
|Aptitude Test Score (ATS)||50|
|Personal Interview (PI)||35|
|Written Ability Test (WAT)||15|
Quantitative Ability (60 Questions - 240 Marks):
Numbers, Averages & Percentages, Roots, Indices, Surds, Simple & Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Algebraic Formulae, Linear & Quadratic Equations, Ratio & Proportion, Partnership, Mixtures & Alligations, Time, Speed & Distance, Work Related Problems, Pipes & Cisterns, Geometry: Lines, Angles & Triangles, Polygons, Circles & Mensuration, Permutations & Combinations, Probability, Determinants, Vectors, Integration and Differentiation.
Verbal Ability (40 Questions - 160 Marks):
Etymology & Roots, Idioms & Phrases, Analogies, Antonyms-Synonyms, Foreign Words Noun & Pronoun Errors, Subject-Verb Agreement, Prepositions and Conjunctions, Tenses, Modifiers & Parallelism, Reading Comprehension, Inference based passages Syllogisms, Logical Consistency, Deductive Reasoning.