IIFT - Introduction
- The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was established in 1963 as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry to contribute in the skill building for the external trade sector of India. It has come a long way to successfully develop into a unique institution involved in imparting knowledge through research and training in international business and trade. The Institute was granted “Deemed University” status in 2002. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has recognized IIFT as Grade ‘A’ Institution in 2005 as well as in 2015. Over the years, IIFT has emerged as the national university with focus on International business Management and Strategy, and such focus is reflected in all three major activities of the Institute: Research, Training and Education.
- IIFT 2017 was taken by approximately 52,000 candidates out of 62000 registrations. IIFT has two campuses in India- Delhi and Kolkata with the total number of seats being 360 (220 in the Delhi campus and 140 in the Kolkata campus.) This year IIFT has also launched Kakinada campus however, IIFT will be functioning in a rented premise in Kakinada subject to approval of UGC. A plot of about 25 acres has been allotted to IIFT by Government of Andhra Pradesh in Kakinada.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PwD) categories] awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of the Parliament or State legislature in India, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Candidates applying for CAT 2018 should fulfil any one of the following conditions:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks*.
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage*.
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage*.
- SC/ST/PwD candidates should have minimum 45%. For General and NC-OBC candidates, minimum is 50%.
About the Program:
MBA (International Business) is a six-trimester general management program with a focus on International Business for developing a competent cadre of business executives to meet the country's growing requirements for trained personnel in the field of International Business Management.
IIFT Test Registration and Application Process
IIFT 2018 Test notification for MBA (IB) 2019-21 aspirants is out! However, the exam date has been announced 2nd December 2018. The IIFT test registration and b-school application process is common. Register for the IIFT 2018 exam which makes you eligible to participate in the admission process for IIFT- MBA (IB) 2019-21 academic cycle as well.
|Type||Section||No. of Questions||Marks/ Question||Total Marks||Negative Marks/Question|
|Section I||Data Interpretation||20||0.75||15||0.33|
|Section II||Logical Reasoning||20||1||20||0.25|
|Section III||General Awareness||18||0.5||9||0.17|
|Section IV||Verbal Ability||20||1||20||0.33|
|Section V||Reading Comprehension||16||1||16||0.33|
|Section VI||Quantitative Aptitude||20||1||20||0.33|
IIFT 2018 Important Dates:
|IIFT Registration begins||6-Aug-18|
|Deadline for receipt of Application (Gen/SC/ST/OBC)||5-Nov-18|
|Last date to request exam center change (By paying Rs. 1000)||5-Nov-18|
|IIFT 2019 Admit Card release||16-Nov-18|
|IIFT 2019 entrance exam||December 2, 2018 (10 AM to 12 Noon)|
|IIFT 2019 Result||First week of January 2019|
|Selection Procedure||January/February 2019|
|IIFT 2019 Final list of selected candidates||Second week of April 2019|
Cut Offs for IIFT 2017 exam
|Category||Cutoff (Out of 100)|
|Logical Reasoning||Comparisons, Directions, Coding-Decoding, Deductions, Input & Output etc.|
|Data Interpretation||Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Table, Line Graph etc.|
|Verbal Ability||Grammar, Analogy, Spellings, Phrases, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc.|
|Reading Comprehension||Passages, Fill in the Blanks,|
|Quantitative Ability||Numbers, Geometry, Mensuration, Permutation & Combination etc.|
|General Awareness||Politics, Business, Economics, Banking, History, Geography, Sports etc.|